I decided to make the back a 3 piece back instead of 2. I've run a tapered middle section and then 2 pieces of curley maple, striking! I started the shaping process on the pin router using a topographic template to get the arch started.
Today I cut and fit the braces for the top.They are made of a sandwich of spruce and .039 carbon fiber epoxied together. They are smaller than standard but way stiffer.Ill be gluing they in this week.
Newly pin routed f-holes for Rockers arch top looks awesome. Next up, braces for the spruce top.
Author Greg Martin
I’m a self-taught guitar maker with 20+ years experience on top of a lifetime of woodworking knowledge. This blog documents the creation process of some of the guitars I have built.